- We strive to provide complete care for our patients. Learn more about all the services we provide.
Treatment of Herniated Disc From our Lake Charles Chiropractors
Ultimate Performance Chiro and Rehab brings natural care for herniated discs. Our chiropractors, Dr. Kyle Daigle and Dr. Brett Gschwend, evaluate your symptoms and determine your herniated disc causes, then put together a chiropractic care plan to eliminate your pain. Our goal is to reduce your recovery time and prevent a future occurrence of a herniated disc. If you are experiencing back pain or pain or numbness in your extremities, please contact us as soon as possible. Our Lake Charles chiropractors focus on aligning your spine to position your body in a healing environment.
Chiropractic Care for a Herniated Disc
Discs rest between each vertebrae to cushion your movements and support your spine. If the disc weakens due to the aging process or becomes damaged from a vertebrae that is out of alignment or an injury, the disc may herniate. This is also known as a bulging disc which describes the way the disc appears when it is injured. It bulges out of its proper space and begins to inhabit the space where nerves pass through the spine. This is why you experience pain in the back, in the extremities and may also feel limited movement. When the disc exits the space between the vertebrae, you may also experience pinched nerve symptoms, as the nerve is feeling pressure from the disc.
Our chiropractors evaluate your spine to determine the location of the herniated disc and then determine the best treatment of herniated disc. Our bulging disc treatments may include:
- Chiropractic adjustments- our chiropractors gently move the vertebrae into a natural alignment. This reduces some of the pressure from the disc, which helps your body to return the disc to its natural position. An adjustment also reduces pinched nerve symptoms by removing the pressure off the nerve.
- Physical therapy- through exercises that strengthen and stretch the muscles in your core and back, we also improve the way your body functions. When we create a better muscular balance, your body is able to maintain a healthy posture and alleviate pressure on the discs.
- Nutritional counseling- with healthy eating habits, your body uses nutrients to help heal a herniated disc. A straighter spine allows better nerve signal and circulation flow so the nutrients reach the cells and stimulate healing.
- Virtual Reality- this treatment restores balance and reduces pain.
- Lifestyle changes- if one of your herniated disc causes was lifting something too heavy, we show you a safer way to lift objects. If your bulging disc is the result of years of poor posture, our chiropractors show you healthier ways to sit, stand and sleep to sustain healthy discs.
Contact our Chiropractors for Herniated Disc Treatment Today
The longer a herniated disc remains, the more likely you are to experience lasting symptoms. As soon as you begin to feel back pain, weakness or numbness in your arms or legs, limited mobility or pain that radiates from your back, contact us at 337-421-0010 to schedule a consultation.