- We strive to provide complete care for our patients. Learn more about all the services we provide.
Our Team Offers Treatment for Plantar Fasciitis in Lake Charles LA
If you believe you've been struggling with plantar fasciitis in Lake Charles LA, we encourage you to stop by Ultimate Performance Chiro & Rehab. We offer comprehensive diagnostic, therapeutic, and preventive services to help you start feeling better on your feet without having to subject yourself to invasive procedures or problematic medications.
What Is Plantar Fasciitis? Overview, Causes & Risk Factors
Go ahead and touch the arch of your foot. What you feel there under your skin is your plantar fascia, a thick band of tissue running along the bottom of your foot from your heel to your forefoot. Plantar fasciitis occurs when the fibers in the tissue become overstretched or overloaded, leading to microscopic tears in the fibers, inflammation, and generalized tissue damage.
Why does this happen? Research reveals several known risk factors:
- Being overweight
- Being on your feet frequently (e.g., teachers, first responders, nurses, and construction workers)
- Having low arches or high arches in the feet
- Having an abnormal postural alignment
- Advancing age (it's most common between the ages of 40 and 60)
- Certain types of physical activities involving a lot of ballistic and plyometric movements, such as running, jumping, and dancing
Symptoms of Plantar Fasciitis
If you have plantar fasciitis, you'll know it. It causes sharp and stabbing heel and foot pain, especially first thing upon rising or after standing for a long time. Pain can also worsen after exercise.
The Benefits of Seeing a Lake Charles Chiropractor for Foot Pain
Our Lake Charles chiropractor staff has so many things to offer you if you're suffering from plantar fasciitis! Services include:
- Chiropractic adjustments help realign your entire postural chain, which can decrease the amount of load and shock being transmitted and absorbed through your plantar fascia. Adjustments also stimulate the release of natural analgesic chemicals in the body, providing you fast and natural pain relief.
- Physical rehabilitation exercises and stretches can be taught to help you improve the flexibility and supportive strength of hip, leg, and foot muscles.
- Computerized biofeedback technology through our sports performance techniques can help balance out your postural system and increase your proprioceptive awareness (of which your ankles and intrinsic foot muscles are a key part!).
Contact Ultimate Performance Chiro & Rehab For Relief Today
Come visit us today! Our team is happy to connect you with a Lake Charles chiropractor who can help you get to the bottom of your plantar fasciitis foot pain. To schedule an appointment and get you started on a drug-free treatment plan, contact us today at (337) 421-0010.