- We strive to provide complete care for our patients. Learn more about all the services we provide.
Common Running Injury Treatment with our Lake Charles Chiropractor
If you've been unable to lace up your running sneakers recently because of pain, then our Lake Charles chiropractor team can help! In addition to alleviating symptoms, we teach you why your specific running injury occurred and how to prevent it from recurring so your running seasons remain as fruitful and healthy as possible.
Common Running Injuries in the Foot, Leg, Knee & Hip
Both novice and experienced runners can sustain running injuries; contributing factors include over-training, under-training, poor technique, running surface, running mileage, nutrition, hydration, and unique postural considerations. The following are a few of the most frequently seen running injuries among our athletic patients:
- Runner's knee (chondromalacia patellae or patellofemoral pains syndrome): pain due to damage on the underside of the knee cap
- Achilles tendonitis: inflammation of the tendon on the back of the ankle
- Shin splints (medial tibial stress syndrome): pain caused by microscopic damage to the fibers on the front of the shin
- Muscle strains (hamstring, quadriceps, hip flexors, hip adductors): damage and inflammation in the leg muscles
- Plantar fasciitis: heel pain due to inflammation of the plantar fascia (the arch of your foot)
- Stress fracture: small breaks in the bones of the feet
How Chiropractic Care Can Manage, Relieve & Prevent Running Injuries
Chiropractic care is a great tool to have in a runner's toolkit for staying healthy. Our services can help you in a variety of ways:
- Chiropractic adjustments realign your spine to reduce the amount of force imposed through your pelvis, hips, knees, and ankles; they also improve the nervous system's ability to communicate with your body and trigger pain relief through the release of natural free-floating analgesics.
- Applied kinesiology approaches to care include instrument-assisted manual techniques to break up scar tissue and adhesions, relax muscle spasms, and identify specific areas of muscle length imbalances which can be corrected through stretching and exercise.
Additionally, we provide practical patient education about ways to prevent recurring injuries. This includes lifestyle counseling on stress management, sleep, and recovery; nutritional counseling in order to adopt a more anti-inflammatory and healing diet; body mechanics training to improve running technique; and specific exercises and stretches runners can do before and after their runs to reduce injury risk.
Are You a Runner in the Lake Charles Area? Contact Ultimate Performance Chiro & Rehab for Healing
Let us help you log some healthy miles! To contact a chiropractor in Lake Charles LA—including Dr. Kyle Daigle, Dr. Brett Gschwend, and Dr. Derrek Mart—call Ultimate Performance Chiro & Rehab today by calling 337-421-0010.